=" mingusandthebitch: The Morning After You Died, Mingus

Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Morning After You Died, Mingus


Hey, how come I can't be at my wake with you? I'm here. Where are you? Where's that demolecularizing/remolecularizing poodle, Benson, when I need him? I need him to show me how to walk through walls.... so I can get back to you. Here's a slideshow for you T.B.. You look like shit when you're so sad. I'm glad you have a hair appointment today.

love,
Mingus

Words by Pablo Neruda, as recorded for soundtrack for the film 'Il Postino'



Dear Mingus,

I slept with your thick black fur blanket from your downstairs bed cause it smells like you. Please don't be jealous. I thought Benson had taught you how to beat the confines of traditional physics--where are you?

Here's a cool thing that happened. I was having a hand massage from a masseuse who doesn't know me and after she finished my right hand and was just starting work on my left she blurted out, "do you have a dog?". I burst into tears of course and had to tell her that you had "died" yesterday, and she said she didn't know how she knew but the thought wouldn't leave her mind while she was working on my right hand--body memory baby, body memory. Anyway, she worked the kinks out of my right hand which is now deformed from carrying your fat butt down the stairs for four months. I'll be glad when you get that demolecularize/remolecularize thing beat Minguslove.

Did you have dinner with Chase? Love him for me. Any signs of Icy and Jenny and Woody and Chelsea and Shadow and Marina???? Is there an ex-pat Labrador Club? How's the food?

I look a little less like shit. I had a haircut and color and put some make-up on. I'm going swimming. Why don't you remolecularize in the pool but be invisible and we can beat Stupid Health Regulations at his exclusionary game. :-) They'll just think that a hirsuit guy was swimming in the pool.

Kisses,
The Bitch

copyright 2008 Christine Saulnier, Mingusandthebitch

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories DogTime is the premier site for people to find a dog match, research dogs of all breeds, and find a list of top dog names.