=" mingusandthebitch: Max Weber By The Beach

Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Max Weber By The Beach


It's so simple, T.B. needs to become a Protestant and then we'll be rich... I'll never see her because time is money and money is the result of profitable effort and though I consume much time and effort I don't result in profit, so.... I'm S.O.O.L. on that one ... It's something about social utility--if a relationship doesn't have a strong profit motive (money in the bank) at its heart it isn't a relationship of any value. Clearly, I can't have her thinking along those lines! She can't stop being my pay all the bills slave NOW when the bills are gigantic and I'm ancient!

I puked up my dinner on her copy of Weber's "The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism" so now she's reading Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma".... It takes such trickery to keep her in line with my ethics (and needs)!

Mingus, the attuned

copyright 2008 Christine Saulnier, Mingusandthebitch

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories DogTime is the premier site for people to find a dog match, research dogs of all breeds, and find a list of top dog names.