=" mingusandthebitch: I Had A Dream

Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Had A Dream

Was I dreaming?

T.B.'s spirits have shifted. There's latent optimism surfacing, she says... "After a seemingly interminable period of havoc and darkness coming from that white house, it feels like HOPE can take a turn at setting the pace, not just for the United States, but for all of us. When the camera settled on the Rev. Jesse Jackson crying in the Chicago crowd--tears of exhaustion, hope, recognition, disbelief?-- a few hundred years of vicious solitude seemed unshackled at that moment. There is a sense that the U.S.A. has been delivered into the present tense and that there will be intelligent dialogue audible in the streets in my lifetime, Mingus, if not in yours."

copyright 2008 Christine Saulnier, Mingusandthebitch

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories DogTime is the premier site for people to find a dog match, research dogs of all breeds, and find a list of top dog names.